Sunday 4 May 2014

Ghost Frog – Made In Mars

Ghost Frog are from Portland, OR, so I need to make sure that my friend Roger Neville-Neil is aware of this one as he’s in turn kept me up to date and aware of some great bands from the area previously, some of whom I’ve reviewed on the blog in the past. This is their first digital ‘single’ – an A-side without an accompanying B-side unfortunately – though they’re working on an EP for release in the future. “Our main aesthetic vision for the band is to combine elements of psychedelic spacerock and/or shoegaze with the more abrasive and aggressive tendencies of punk rock and grunge,” they tell me.

Nice starting point they’ve posted here, though. Some laconic sounds interspersed with some a little more robust, perhaps trying to cover too many of their ideas in one hit but a good mix of restraint and attack with a great bit of messy fuzz and some real verve. Look forward to hearing the EP in due course!

Ghost Frog @ Bandcamp

No comments: